Today while driving to the dog park, my check engine light came on in my car.
Uh-oh.
I hate potential car problems. I went through a lot of them in college, and they always scare me. Even though I have AAA plus, and know how to call for a tow truck, there's something in me that I have to get over with regard to car repairs.
I called the service place. They can get me in Monday. Said it's ok to drive as long as it doesn't start blinking. I'm tense with thinking about cost of replacement parts etc. It's prolly a faulty Oxygen sensor or somesuch.
Then this evening, I get a call for a last minute belly henna. She wants to meet tomorrow. Hurray! Money for repairs!
Tonight had a FABulous dinner with B. Triggerfish, fresh crisp green beans and red pepper, Georgia mussels, okra dipped in cornmeal batter and fried, all atop mashed potatoes. I'd never had triggerfish before. It was a wonderfully meaty white fish. Dessert was a "chocolate peanut butter bar" with "bittersweet chocolate sorbet". I didn't know chocolate sorbet was possible, but dayam it was good.
Then I get home tonight and I get an email from the tea lady I ordered the 2 cups from. Guess what she found at an estate sale today. YES! An Alton!!
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

1 comments:
cheers to you for taking care of it right away and not just ignoring it. I had a light on once - that I just ignored - but then it worried me every single time I got in the car. . .
Post a Comment