Monday, May 5, 2008

This was my view yesterday at the dogpark. My lower back has been aching somewhat, so I lay down on the picnic table bench and saw this glorious scene. How many days had I been coming to this park, sat under this tree, and NEVER saw this sight? When I was a kid, I was always looking at trees, climbing trees, and being connected with the life force in them. Being grown up I lost that. Yesterday though I was able to reconnect, relax, and enjoy.



This is for Vickie :) She posted the quote on my blog and I loved it so much I wanted to put it into an art journal. It reads, "We cannot help the birds of sadness from flying over our heads, but we need not let them nest in our hair."

2 comments:

Vickie said...

you are very welcome. It was the new one on my psychiatrist's desk at my last appointment. He has them all ready - so if you read one you like - there are always several - then he prints it out for you to take home.

Anonymous said...

Oh...I am so going to remember this quote! Thank you for stopping by the permission blog...yes...we all need some permission! LOVE..LOVE..the henna...very beautiful! I had one done in Hawaii...on my back! Then loved it so much...had to get a tattoo!! LOL...Much more painful!!
Have a wonderfully creative day!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie