The above is a belly henna I did Friday afternoon. She called me at the last minute on Thursday, and I'm glad I was able to get her in. Originally she wanted something "tribal or Indian", but when she saw a goddess piece I had done, she knew that was the way to go. She loves butterflies, hence the one in the middle.
Today was my last day of doggie training for Rose at Pet Smart. Here's her graduation pic and her proud mama. The classes taught me some good things to teach to Rose, and better ways of thinking about certain situations. Can you tell she's happily wiggling away in my arms?
Tomorrow starts the online art journal workshop I signed up for with SamanthaKira. I've also been looking up some art journal videos on YouTube and have been inspired. I'm currently prepping several backgrounds for journals for the workshop, which is part of why you haven't seen any work from me recently. I'm learning about layering, and what essentially comes down to collage.
Tomorrow I also take my car in to be looked at. Thursday the check engine light came on, with a warning of "Emissions Workshop!". Sometime on Saturday it went off. I'm still taking it in though, if I'm lucky then it'll just be a faulty fuse or something.
Tuesday Mr. Colors comes over to do art with me and learn about my process for batik.
Right now I wish I could sleep. I feel like my brain won't turn off. B will be at the hospital Friday for a "cardiac catheter test". There is the slim possibility of stroke, or death from the test, so that's been on my mind too. I know I can't help anything by worrying about it now, but somehow that knowledge alone doesn't change my outlook.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

2 comments:
love the belly henna! well done to have done it so well in the time you did, even with interruptions!
came over from Leah's Creative Every Day because you mentioned henna: awesome! I have a girlfriend who does tattoos and henna and we're talking about a tattoo that looks like traditional henna...she wants to trade for some of my art. I LOVE henna!
Post a Comment