I've had a renewal in my love and passion for henna. YAY!
What triggered it? Honestly, it was the festival yesterday I was at. I was volunteering my time and skills there, and was able to relax and just enjoy what I was doing. Designs are by Lezard, here are some photos:
The gold is a gilding paste I started using recently. I really enjoyed it once I got the hang of it. It's made me investigate other gilding pastes and I hope to have it in many more colors for the Kirkwood Festival on the 17th.
I had a great weekend. Friday night I attended a friend's wedding at our church. It was combined Jewish and Pagan traditions, and was beautiful as well as simple. The reception had lovely food, and I stayed to help cleanup.
About 9:45 I bolted out of there though. I had just 15 minutes to make it over to the theatre to see Iron Man. Wooo talk about a rockin' movie! I loved it, and will most likely go see it again. Stay past the credits, there's one more scene. This has more to do with the comic lore than the movie itself.
My hand still aches from the festival yesterday, but the sense of renewed enthusiasm is worth it. I think this is a note to myself to volunteer occasionally to keep the sense of wonder of the art fresh. I got several nice compliments. The one that made me laugh though, was from a Hindi teen who was watching me work, and saw the designs on my own hands. I asked him what he thought and he said "That's tight!"
Cool.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

3 comments:
oldest went to see iron man on Saturday and loved it too. It has been getting good reviews everywhere too. I'll have to ask if he stayed past credits. I ALWAYS do that - no matter how many kids I have with me - but I am not sure if he did or not
Are you a sex in the city person? I happened to catch Oprah the day they previewed their new movie. I watched the whole series on DVD a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I didn't even know they were making a movie - until I saw OPRAH - but now am looking forward to 5/30 release. two/both graduations will be done by then and only the youngest will still be in school.
oh man, i saw ironman over the weekend and didn't stay past the credits (i had to pee!) :-)
your henna designs are absolutely gorgeous. i especially love the first one.
beautiful beautiful designs and gilding! lezard's stuff is so inspiring...
yeah, Ironman was awesome... he totally much have worked out like crazy! I remember seeing a photo of him once when the addictions were at peak and he was sooooo skinny, and I was so sad for him. But seeing him in this Ironman/Jon Favreau light! Yummy! :)
Thanks for understanding the comix guilty pleasure :)
miracles,
k-
Post a Comment