
This is the henna I did on Monday evening. This lovely lady made me a wonderful dinner of eggplant marinara with rice noodles, with a warm compote of pears, golden raisins, and vanilla for dessert. Then over tea we listened to kirtan on her iPod as I did the design.
Monday was the school field day. A lot of fun for all involved, although I got too much sun. At this appointment my arms felt like they were on fire, so while she was cooking dinner I doodled a design on my arm in henna to see if it would help it cool down. It did.
Tuesday was the school picnic day. It looked like it might rain, so I took the students out early. It was a little chilly in the morning, but by lunchtime the sun had come out. I even went inside to get my parasol for extra protection. Oddly enough, I don't have any idea where a good, non-expired bottle of sunscreen would be in my apartment. I'll have to go get one at the store before traveling to the beach in June.
Today my friend from Japan will come to do origami with the students. I've been getting to know him better slowly, bit by bit, and as I learn more, I like him more. He's in Atlanta for the month of June, and then returns to Japan.
I went to bed early last night, although I had a hard time sleeping worrying about the tornado storms that came through last night. I've been awake since 2:30 this morning, although I stayed in bed till after 3:30.
Three more days! I know they will go so fast, and in a way I'm sad that this year's group will be over. One of the girls especially will I miss, as she's moving to Alpharetta. My mind is filled with paperwork, cleanup, and misc. end of year planning.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment