This is the back piece I did yesterday afternoon. The gal has prom on Saturday, and wanted a design that incorporated her favorite flower, the clematis, with a hummingbird. She sent me photos that I worked up a sketch from that became this. I'm VERY not-happy with the forward wing of the hummingbird. Something about it to my critical eye makes it look hard and flat, not as a wing, like the other one. I used thick lines on the back, since it'll help it to show up better. When we were done, I showed her this photo, and she really liked the design. I dried and sealed the design, then wrapped it in adhesive gauze for her drive home. The brown lines on the sides mark where her prom dress hits her.
Friday is almost here. The kindergarten classes will walk to the park nearby for the day. A day of playing with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, hula hoops, footballs, and swingsets. A day of picnic lunches and watermelon seed spitting contests. A day of water balloon games. It shall be good.
I applied for the Cadre yesterday. I decided to because I want to take an active role in my learning and growing as a professional. I want a new experience, and this is one way to do so.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

2 comments:
Her back looks lovely. How long will it stay? Showering? Will it rub off on his shirt/suit while dancing?
Congrats on your decision. sounds like a challenge and a change, and soemthing to get your mind going - might be perfect for what you need right now.
beautiful work...wish you lived closer!
Post a Comment