I spent the hour afterschool with my first meeting of Japanese club. Kids in grades 2-5 meet on Monday afternoons to have me teach them beginning Japanese Language and Culture.
When I got home, I realized I felt a weird thing.
Calm.
It was the first time in...weeks I hadn't come home too tired, stressed, or angry. The first time I didn't immediately crave food of some sort. I didn't crave pizza, or Chinese or Indian. I actually sat and had to think... what do I want to eat? Understand that I'm usually driven by my brain-tummy impulses. I had none today. It was like being free. I could choose to eat, or not.
I waited a bit, until my tummy was saying it was hungry. I fixed a Nutrisystem "Cheesy Homestyle potatoes with Broccoli" Well, not much broccoli, but it has 10g protein and 4.5g fat. 200 calories.
Later while watching TV, I began to be aware of my brain searching for more... I had a half-urge to go to Wendy's for a chocolate frosty. Instead though of going, I got some strawberry banana Kefir from the fridge, and put it in my ice cream maker. YUM It did the trick.
I don't know why it's happened, but I really hope I have another day like this.
Also- my feet and ankles ache from the trampoline work. They hurt like when I was a kid and would ice skate for an hour. Kinda good in a way, but sucks when I'm on my feet at work all day hehe.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment