Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?

Warning: gross-out photo ahead

I wrote before a bit about my foot surgery, and how I had a "bone accessory" on the bottom of my big toe. (Yes I love to accessorize- apparently even my bones!)  The students in my class wanted to see it, but I wasn't about to unwrap and expose the stitches to any of the germs swirling around. So when I was at the podiatrist, I snapped a photo of it with my trusty iPhone. The nurse laughed at me....sure it's crazy, but there's some need in me to document my life and the things that happen.

I showed my students the photo, and one boy remarked "It looks like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"




Now of course, dear reader, I'm sure you're looking at that and thinking it doesn't look like Rudolph.  but I have to say, I could see what he meant. The top left part might be the antlers of a reindeer, and the part that trails down to the right could be 18 tiny reindeer winding their way through the sky of my Big Toe. Big Toe Sky... bahhaha.  Anyway, maybe I'm a little whacked, but I'd like to think that the ability to see what children see helps me to be a better teacher.

1 comments:

Daniel said...

I can totally see Rudolph in that! Good eye on that kid.

Welcome back to the Blogoverse, Noel :)