Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rainy Sunday

So I'm feeling down today.

Last night we went to some friends' home for dinner and Diablo2.  We stopped at the store on the way there, and I went a little crazy with gaming food. Mostly cookies, and Sour Skittles. I ate a lot of these that night. Dinner itself was good. M did the chicken and spinach/broccoli, and our friend Lynn did the quinoa with mushrooms.

After dinner we played, and I ate handfuls of the sour skittles. An hour or so later, I was experiencing a "sleepy crash" where I literally just wanted to go lay down and sleep. I did lay down on their spare bed a little, but Rose kept me awake. So I ended up going home. The upside to that is I left before the caramel brownies and ice cream - which I didn't really want but probably would have had some if I'd have stayed.

B has been asking me what I wanted for my birthday next month. I told him Nutrisystem. I was hoping he'd help with it through to the summer, but said he feels comfortable for 2 months of it. And that's reasonable. But I think I feel down because I'm interpreting it as "I really think this is just another thing you won't stick to more than 2 months".  And that's depressing. So I want to crawl back into bed and sleep the day away.

On the good side, I got a lot done yesterday during the day. I went back to Avenue and spent my holiday gift  card, and then some. I just woke up thinking, "Damn! I need some new clothes!" Will try to post a photo later this week. Got 4 cute tops, and no jeans because they weren't comfortable.

After shopping I had other errands to do, and discovered that my front left tire was really low. I took it to get filled, and the guy suggested I get it checked for a nail. Sure enough, it was a nail in the side. $120.00  and hour n half later, and I have a brand new tire. While that's not great, it beats having the tire go out on the interstate on the way to work.

0 comments: