Friday, January 22, 2010

Serenity

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. 


Yesterday was a hard day at work. It seems like every time I do something to try and help a child, I end up with more paperwork and less support.  Perhaps the path is quiet helping without looking to administration for support.


I feel as though I'm caught in a downpour.


The best I can hope for is serenity with things I cannot change, rather than rage against the machine. 


I chose comfort last night in beer and Chinese Take Out, rather than exercise and a Nutrisystem dinner. I'm ashamed to say it on here, but the truth is what it is.

1 comments:

Amy W. said...

Hell don't be ashamed! It is the truth and the truth shall set us free! I am glad you posted that and it is good to note that when you were triggered you went for beer and chinese.

Keep your head up!