Time for an update. My life is once again heading for a new course, gone are the docks and waterways of summer. Up ahead is a new school year, with new students and new adventures.
Last week my brand new gift to myself came via UPS. It's a Danby Countertop Dishwasher, from Target.
The first day it was up and running, I did 3 loads. Amazing, just amazing. Something so simple has the potential to remove a big dread from my life- the sinkful of stinking dirty dishes.
Around the time that it came, I was also looking at going back into my school early, to set up the classroom *before* I officially had to be there on Monday the 4th.
As luck would have it, a thunderstorm kept me home and I put all the "classroom arranging" energy, into my computer room / dining room / guinea pig den which I never sit at the table and eat.
I was fed up with what felt like an overwhelming amount of stuff that I was drowning in. Don't ask me why it chose just then to hit, when it'd been that way all summer. I don't know. Eventually my plan is to have the table moved over by the windows and cleared so that I can dine there again and look out at nature.
Friday I did end up going into school. A coworker had called, telling me that her rugs hadn't even been vacuumed, let alone really cleaned as of Wednesday. She had rented a steam cleaner, and did I want to go in on it with her so I could do mine? Sure.
Our rugs not being done was a pet peeve of mine last year. Even this year, with more custodial staff being hired, it hadn't been done. These are the places our children play and lay. So I went in and cleaned my own damn rugs. Unfortunately, I was wearing my sneakers. And when I left the rug to get more water, guess what happened. Yep my right foot slid out from under me like the Jamaican Bobsled Team, and all my weight came down on my left knee. I'm really glad there weren't kids around, cause I cursed, it hurt so bad.
So today I'm still dealing with the aches and pains from this. There's no visible bruising, but the knee is very sore, as are the muscles I used to try and stop it all from happening.
How's that for teacher dedication?
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

1 comments:
so sorry about the knee - if it continues to hurt - you had probably better go in and have it checked - knees are nothing to mess with - and make sure that you let them know WHERE it happened and what you were doing when it happened - as it seems to be the school's responsibility. . .
Post a Comment