Saturday, August 30, 2008

DragonCon day 1

Went to DC tonight with M. It was wonderful to take in all the costumes people wore. A lot of creativity and time, and this was just in hotel lobbies :)

M and I didn't find programming we just had to be at, so we walked around and found ourselves at the Marriott for the costume contest (different from the Masquerade on Sunday). It was hosted by a married couple that performs sword play, and educates con-goers about the "fluff" moves of screen swordplay. They have a panel tomorrow that I want to attend. The costumes were great, and I love how they had different categories based on experience, and one for the kids.

B and his date met up with us, and later we went out for Chinese.

The big thing for tomorrow is the parade at 9:30.

Time for sleep!

0 comments: