At Vickie's urging, I did tell my principal about my knee. Better safe than sorry, right? I'd felt myself torn between wanting it taken care of vs not wanting to cause a fuss at school.
My principal was totally understanding and helped me get the right forms to fill out, the ones to take to the doc, and where the workers comp. docs were located so I could choose one, and go to right away.
I did, and am glad I did. They x-rayed, nothing broken. The big word is "contusion", the easy word is bruise. I bruised my knee (even though there's hardly any discoloration) and sprained the ankle area of my right foot. I left the office with knee brace, foot brace, bio-freeze gel, and a...
CANE
A cane! Like I'm a senior citizen invalid! I felt ridiculous about it, and couldn't decide which side to use the cane on. The foot brace makes me go around sock footed. I don't think I'll wear the cane and foot brace for Open House, but I'll keep them handy if needed.
Also he said
No Pulling,
No Pushing,
No Bending,
No Stooping,
No Lifting things heavier than 20lbs
Modified duties I can do include: desk work, and standing /walking is to be kept to a minimum of 3-4 hours a day. I go back on Friday for a check-up.
The obvious dilemma with the above is that I HAVEN'T SET UP MY ROOM.
And since the main thing I do when setting up my room is:
Pulling
Pushing
Bending
Stooping
Lifting things heavier than 20lbs
I was SOL
Sooo Out of Luck.
But, the principal was very understanding and asked the three nicest ladies in our school to come help me. In about an hour and half, the arranging was done! Now only the small stuff is left, and my assistant and I should be able to get most of that done tomorrow. I bought them a nice thank you card, and $10 gas cards, cause really- they didn't HAVE to do it, and two of them weren't getting paid to be in at work today.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment