Monday, August 4, 2008

Counting My Blessings

Somewhere late this afternoon I started a mental tirade in my head of all the things that had gone wrong today. I consciously chose to stop, and think instead of my blessings from the day.

I am blessed that my knee wasn't permanently injured.
I am blessed with coworkers who will drop what they're doing to help me with my room.
I am blessed with money for the laundromat to wash the poop out of the dog's bed and towel.
I am blessed with a dog park close by.
I am blessed with air conditioning in my car.
I am blessed with a car, period.
I am blessed with a job.
I am blessed with a vision of how I want my classroom to be.

Tonight I will be blessed with some much deserved sleep.

1 comments:

Vickie said...

I am so glad that you talked to your principle and went in and had this diagnosed. If you are going to need to use the cane for a long time - you need to have someone show you how to use it - call the doc's office and ask the nurse - it might be something like one or two trips to a physical therapist. Call and ask.

And I am so glad you got help for your room.