Monday, January 12, 2009

First Day Back

By 8:15 I was crying having a panic attack and feeling overwhelmed by how much there was to do. Report cards, honors day Thursday. Parent conferences Thursday. Our assistant was out and I literally didn't know how I would do it all. I thought I was nuts for coming back soon and contemplated staying home again.

Luckily my coworker that drove me to work passed by and came in and helped calm me down and stop hyperventilating. I knew all I had to do was take things one day at a time, one hour at a time but couldn't focus myself. My leg still hurt. Woke up hurting again even tho I slept in aircast. Will have to wake up about 1am and take drugs to function well.

My team teachers came in and talked me down, it was ok I didn't have math lessons done, I could have the kids do centers this morning and not feel like I had to instantly be super teacher.

A friend got me the chair on wheels out of her room. She picked my kids up from PE, took em to restroom, and then computer lab while I pulled it together. I decided heck with lesson planning, focus on report cards. I got 4 done by end of day.

By the end of the day I felt like I could handle tomorrow. My butt hurts from propping leg up. Music teacher says she's trying to track down an electric cart for me. A friend says she'll look for wheelchair.

I'm tired. And was really glad to leave early. I'm rescheduling conferences for a later date.

3 comments:

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Sending you lots and lots of supportive Reiki vibes -- for physical self but also for your spirit and emotion and BEing. So glad to hear a few people came forward to help -- having an electric or wheel chair sounds like it would be most helpful! Lots of hugs to you....and miracles!
k-

Unknown said...

You made it through today, yippee! Keep focusing on one moment at a time and you'll get it all done. So saith the Queen of Overwhelming Panic Moments, lol. :)

Rae Ann said...

I hope you will heal quickly!