I've been blessed this past weekend.
I was able to take a personal day Friday, right after the release of an expansion pack to my favorite game, World of Warcraft. I spent a glorious 3 days reveling in a vice I haven't been so enthused about in a long time.
On Sunday I got 2 more blessings. One of the things that I think has been depressing M is trying to get his house ready to sell. So much junk to sort through and pack, overwhelming for one person. B said Sunday he'd pay to have his men come over whenever M chooses, with a big truck, and take it all out of the house. Or get one of those PODS things. Many hands to clean and paint etc.
The last blessing was also from B, for me. I'd been telling him I wanted him to come over and look at my video card, see if maybe the fan had stopped working. Every 2 hours or so in my game, the graphics would freeze up and I'd have to relog. He said he'd see what kind of cards he had available.
Sunday dawned bright and chilly. That afternoon saw B show up at my doorstep with no video card- He had a laptop instead!
And not just any laptop, it's a Dell Precision M3600. I'm getting to know it, but I love it!
I've also ordered a decal for the lid, from DecalGirl.com so it's not just the gunmetal grey color. There is a chip out of the casing on the side (which is probably why B can't resell it for much) but I think I can cover that with duct tape. I've also chosen a beautiful 1900 x 1200 desktop wallpaper from Desktopography, and put a Mother Henna sticker over the spot that used to sport Vista and Intel Core2 stickers. B was kind enough to take Vista off and put XP on it, so it's ready to go. Thursday he should be by with a wifi router so that I can take it anywhere in my apt. without having to be cabled in.
So I've been installing my game (classic and the 2 expansions) and am now in the process of downloading all the patches. I'm even typing this entry from my laptop today!
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment