I went to the dog park this morning as is my usual routine. When I got back in the car to leave though, my car wouldn't start! Thinking it was the battery, I walked back down the hill to the park and let me friends there know while chewing over what to do.
I have AAA plus, so I can call a tow truck. I just didn't know where a good local place would be to have the car taken to, or - after getting a jump- drive to.
No one there had cables, but since I have a manual transmission, they said they could push it, and then pop the clutch to get it going. It worked! Took 3 people pushing but we got it to start. YAY for dog park friends!
I took it to a nearby place and waited and waited. I missed my yoga session that I'd been looking forward to. Rather than feel angry or impatient, or self-criticizing (I hadn't had a new battery in 8 years... just didn't know they're only supposed to last 4 or 5!) I realized I could only be in the *now*. Just wait, and appreciate the fact that I'd had such good people willing to help me.
It was $127 all told (lifetime battery replacement which I'd had no choice about) but I tried not to grouse about it. I didn't want to feel like all this money is flowing out from my account, because in reality, in the *law of attraction* reality, that's what'll continue to happen.
So I spent some time this morning trying to picture money coming in. Henna appointments, etc.
One of the things I could do was finally call my old life insurance agency to cancel my old policy. The woman I spoke to on the phone was so warm, and knowledgeable, and did her best to keep me as a customer. But I've had my new policy since April, and frankly, it's less money per month for a better payout.
It was such a welcome change to actually speak with a human, rather than bounce around automated menu systems for hours- I asked her if there was someone I could speak to regarding the excellent service I received from her. She got all happy and said that meant she got to go to the Treasure Trunk! I did a double take for a second, thinking she might be poking fun at me since I'm a teacher and all... and we have treasure boxes. But no- apparently the management goes to Dollar Tree and gets things for the box, and the service rep gets to go when they get a compliment! I spoke with the supervisor and gushed about the service I'd received.
Never have I left a phone conversation with such a good feeling. To think that here I was calling to cancel, and she could have been short with me, but instead took time to be a normal, sane human being. Her enthusiasm for me talking to her supervisor made me feel very warm.
Here's to you, Debbie.
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment