Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Food, Glorious Food

Friday began the weekend well. I'd weighed myself and lost a pound. That gave me the motivation to skip the donuts and bagels with cream cheese in the teachers lounge. Dinner with M was pot roast that had been slow cooking all day, with a nice merlot.

Saturday I didn't eat right, nor Sunday. I was out of Nutrisystem snacks and meals. I had made cookies on Sunday and ended up eating just about all of them. Monday at work included two vending machine packages of shortbread cookies with the jam center. Fought lots of sleepiness, and felt again the sugar cravings that had ended when I was on the plan's food last month.

Yesterday after work though, my Nutrisystem order arrived.

How can I explain the feeling I had, putting away 28 days worth of food and snacks? You know the cliche about people rolling around in money, and the feeling of ecstatic joy?  That's how I felt. If I could have rolled around in it without crushing boxes, I might have. I felt giddy. Some connection to food I have, huh?

0 comments: