Starting weight: 261
Last weigh in: 256
Today's weight: 255.4
So I lost half a pound this week. It's movement in the right direction at least. And considering I've not been as good as I could have been about food and exercise, I'll take it.
My thoughts this morning are a bit jumbled, so I apologize if this isn't the most cohesive post I've written.
On Oprah this week I saw Ruby, the woman who used to weigh 700lbs, and now weighs less than half that. She looked amazing considering the amount of weight she started at. She has considerable follow-through.
How do I get around the part of exercise where it feels like I'm killing myself? If not around, how do I work through it? Sheer willpower? I saw another episode of Oprah on "Undercover Boss" and the president of Waste Management was undercover at various jobs in his company. He met this man who underwent dialysis every few nights, but yet he had a physically taxing job and never complained about it. When asked by the boss, he said his spirit tells his body what it's going to do.
And then yesterday on Oprah (can you tell I record everyday?) Dr. Oz was talking about diabetes. He showed the ravaging effects one woman was going through and how she'd lost part of her leg do to the disease. Dr. Oz stated that people don't make life changes based on what they know, they make them on what they feel. He wanted the viewers to feel the plight of this woman, in an effort to get people motivated to A)find out if they had diabetes and B) treat it properly if they did.
Do I feel motivated to lose weight? Some days I do, and some days I don't. I guess I should break down that statement into 2 parts. Do I feel motivated to eat better, and do I feel motivated to exercise? More often I feel that about eating, than I do about exercising.
What do you, the readers feel? How did you get to a point where you exercised regularly, and worked through the "omg, this is killing me I just want to lay back down" feeling?
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment