I took yesterday as a "mental health" day even though it was a weekend day. I put Rose in doggie daycare, ate breakfast, came home and went back to sleep, later got up and did some art. Part of my goal for the day was to get to a point in my sleep where I'd paid up all the sleep deficit from the previous week. I wanted to dream well and remember them. I did! I had a fabulous dream of meeting people, artists and musicians, and it ended with me being asked to do henna for Miley Cyrus. Isn't that a hoot?!
This doodle began with me not knowing the end product so much as knowing that I wanted to do something strongly yet beautifully womanish. Something to remind myself of all the good. The basic figure and henna style designs are done in gel pen, and the colors on the outside are watercolor crayon. The monochromatic flowers outside the body are done in marker brush.
I've ordered A New Earth on cd. I'm intrigued by the notion that we are not our thoughts, more than our body and mind. I want to learn more. I've started listening to the free podcast of the classes he and Oprah have given. This was part of what I was listening to as I did the above art.
Today is my day to get things done. I've started dishes, and for anyone that knows me, that's saying something!
Social Entropy
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment