Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blockages



I'm feeling as if there's a clock piece wound very tightly inside me. That if I'm not careful it could burst out and my emotions would go everywhere.

Part of it has to do with being lonely.
Part of it has to do with job frustrations.
Part of it has to do with money, and the perceived lack thereof, and debt
Part of it has to do with inability to control my eating habits when I use it as a stress relief.
And part of it has to do with the fact that my fridge is near empty, and it's near the end of the month.

I think about retirement and savings and wanting a hybrid car someday and thinking... how on earth would I afford this? I get very down on me, about lack of discipline, whether it's eating or money.
Two people yesterday gave me sincere, nice compliments, and it didn't help. Because this... black cloud line of thought is coming from me, and I'm the one that's got to change it.

How?

How to unleash the happy, the wonderful, the fun? How to find it again?

3 comments:

Vickie said...

thanks for your new address - I was wondering where you were

love the art - leaving your page up and open so my middle child can see it when she is up and moving.

she is the one that is planning elementary education and loves young kids - she is also artistic and plays the piano - she is teaching herself sign language out of a book - she is also the drama queen and the one that is either up or down - little in between

Is it possible for you to ride a bike to school with just 3 miles? I keep looking at our area - but we can't ride a bike or walk TO anything - because of the way the roads and sidewalks are set. They are working on improving - but still not there.

love when you write about the dog park - I think that is wonderful for you and rose - nice fresh air and nice time to unwind

david santos said...

Hello, Noel!
Really beautiful POST.
Have a nice day

Lisa said...

Rose,
I understand about the frustrations with the eating and with the price of everything going up up up....
Like you, I'm blessed to work at a school that isn't far from home. I've been toying with the idea of riding my bike once the weather is nicer...would help tremendously with the gas...and benefit the body with more exercise!
Lisa