Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update and Board Games

I haven't posted in a long time, but yes I'm still here.

I still feel bad about my weight, but apparently not enough to get me off the damn couch, away from my laptop, and into *doing* something repeatedly each day.

I teach kindergarten here in Atlanta, and I signed my contract for next year on Friday. I'm agreeing to a max 6% pay cut (the budget isn't final, the board may approve a 2% or 4% pay cut). Our school is on a list of possible school closings. Yes, central office staff positions are being cut, it's not all about sticking it to the classroom teacher. Mostly I'm just glad to have a job next year. Even if our school is closed, the county will have to employ me somewhere. We shall see how that goes.

Saturday the boyfriend and I went to his neighbors for a cookout and game night. We ate well- steak, chicken, raw veggies, bagel chips, dip. I brought fruit for dessert. I drank wine and coke.

I learned how to play two board games. One is called Settlers of Catan.  The information on how to play gave me overload at first, but I asked for advice from the other players, and based on their knowledge, I actually won the game! Next month when I have money again, I'll be getting one of these. We had 6 people playing, lots of banter back and forth. Eventually my confusion gave way to joy.

The other is called Ticket to Ride  This was ok, more solitary compared to Settlers. I was glad to learn something new, but I'd rather play Settlers again if given the choice.

I'm looking forward to Spring Break in 2 weeks. I'll be going to Dallas to see old friends. Should be fun.

0 comments: